Often children can be full of surprises when it comes to how witty and insightful they are. And when a first grade teacher asks her 26 students to make a list of well-known proverbs, their insightful nature really shows! She presented her class with a list of incomplete, well-known proverbs and asks them to finish the second half on their own- and the results are awesome, hilarious, and surprisingly insightful! As you read these, keep in mind that they were written by 6 and 7 year olds!
1. Strike while the: bug is close
2. It’s always darkest before: Daylight Savings Time
3. Never underestimate the power of: Termites
4. You can lead a horse to water but: How?
5. Don’t bite the hand that: Looks dirty
6. No news is: Impossible.
7. A miss is as good as a: Mr.
8. You can’t teach an old dog new: Math
9. If you lie down with dogs you’ll: Stink in the morning
10. Love all, trust: Me.
11. The pen is mightier than the: Pigs
12. An idle mind is: The best way to relax.
13. Where there is smoke there’s: Pollution
14. Happy the bride who: Gets all the presents
15. Two’s company, three’s: The Musketeers
16. Don’t put off till tomorrow what: You put on to go to bed
17. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry: And you’ll have to blow your nose.
18. There are none so blind as: Stevie Wonder
19. Children should be seen and not: Spanked and grounded
20. At first if you don’t succeed: Get new batteries
21. You get out of something only what you: See in the picture on the box
22. When the blind lead the blind: Get out of the way
23. A bird in the hand: Is going to poop on you
24. Better late than: Pregnant