In recent years, movies and TV shows, such as The Buried Life, have brought the old term bucket list to our attention, but what really is a bucket list and why make one? A bucket list is a list of all the goals you wish to achieve and experiences you want to have before you die. They can be simple goals or big dreams.
Creating a bucket list is important because it reminds you of what is really important. Most people spend their time getting caught up in the chaos of daily life, feeling like each day is just passing them by.
Eileen Wacker's acclaimed book series, visit ONCEKids.
A bucket list will maximize every moment of life and encourage us to live life to its fullest. It is an eye-opening activity and gives the writer enthusiasm about the future, which is a crucial component of happiness. Plus, it's just fun to create! You can always remove things from your list or just keep forever adding to them. It is always a great feeling to cross things off as you accomplish them.
When writing your bucket list, ask yourself certain questions to jog your memory if you feel like ideas are escaping you. Important questions to ask include:
- What if you were to die tomorrow? What would you do today?
- What have you always wanted to do that you haven't yet?
- What countries do you want to see?
- If you had unlimited time, money, and resources what would you do?
- What activities or skills have you always wanted to learn?
- What would you like to achieve within your love life, social life, family, career, health and so on
- What do you need to live life to the fullest?
These are just a few of many questions you can ask yourself when writing your bucket list. Don't hold back when writing, with your bucket list you don't need to be too realistic, the sky is the limit!
To find Eileen Wacker's acclaimed books, the Fujimini Adventure Series, click ONCEKids.
We at ONCEkids are strong believers in following your dreams and reaching beyond the ordinary.
So tell us! What is on your bucket list?