Monday, July 23, 2018

ONCEKids Back to School Checklist (Part 1 of 4)

Written by Kate Camillo

Back to school! Back to school! Let’s shout it from the rooftops! It’s almost that time where we can send our kids back to school!! Best time of the year! I’m sure you saw the title and were like “nope, I’m out”, but don’t worry this is not going to be your basic back to school list comprised of pencils and 2 inch binders, which leads me to wonder if 2 whole inches are really necessary. This is our ONCEKids out of the box checklist designed to remind you of the not so obvious things to prepare for the upcoming school year.


via GIPHY


We have to start prepping for this time as a collective mom-unit. The night before the first day is not the time to figure out how this show is going to be run. We have to have our routine mastered, our pencils sharpened and our kids well-rested. I am sure your child’s wonderful educators will provide you with a list of items they need in the classroom and in their backpack. I STRONGLY suggest you buy tissues, pencils, and other things in bulk for your child’s teacher as a sign of appreciation on top of the list they give you because most of the supplies bought for classrooms is paid out of pocket by the teachers, not provided by the school. But we’re here to talk about what goes on at home, after school and before school.

While back to school can be stressful for us, it is actually more stressful for the kids. It is a complete change in their routine of staying up, watching movies, sleeping in and eating Mickey Mouse shaped chocolate chip pancakes in the morning, or more likely eating Eggos and Trix cereal. Kids need down time once school starts! They need time to relax and wind down after a long day of studying spelling words and learning their times tables. (This is only kind of sarcastic). Video games are some of the best ways for kids to relax. They get to focus on something else. I mean you’ve been here, you’ve read all the reasons why video games are fantastic, there’s no reason for me to repeat myself. But, I am going to direct you to my previous blog posts if you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. Fujimini Island the game is coming out right in time for back to school. Yes, I did just shamelessly promote myself and product. But more importantly, they need to escape school after they finish their homework, watch a show, read a book, play a game.



Alright, so this series (if we can even call it that), will continue next week and maybe even on to the week after. I really don’t know. If I’m being completely honest, I haven’t written it yet. One thing I do know is that it will pick up right where this left off with more items for our back to school checklist that is not really a back to school checklist. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Also, the Fujimini Island blog will be up soon with character descriptions that really complement the books.

Countdown until September 1st anybody? 40 days. FORTY. That’s 3,469,985 seconds in case you were wondering. Let me know your child’s first day in the comments down below and I’ll add that to our countdown at the end of every blog.

1 comment: