Thursday, March 26, 2015

Why This Mom’s Bikini Picture Went Viral

For many families, spring break is just around the corner, or already happening- so if any moms are going on on a beach trip and worried about covering up, blogger and mother of three, Rachel Hollis, has a very important and inspiring message for you. 

After her recent family beach trip, Rachel shared a picture of herself sporting a bikini that inspired over 40,000 shares by other moms. Why was it so popular? Because the picture showed a beautiful, confident woman who was proud of her body and not willing to letting any insecurities get in the way of her awesome vacation. The photo empowered almost 9,500 women to comment, offering praise and support as well as sharing their own body image stories, especially post-childbirth ones.

In addition to the awesome picture, her message beneath it also offered tremendous inspiration for women afraid to flaunt their post-baby bodies. She wrote:

“I have stretch marks and I wear a bikini. I have a belly that's permanently flabby from carrying three giant babies and I wear a bikini. My belly button is saggy . . . (which is something I didn't even know was possible before!!) and I wear a bikini. I wear a bikini because I'm proud of this body and every mark on it. Those marks prove that I was blessed enough to carry my babies and that flabby tummy means I worked hard to lose what weight I could. I wear a bikini because the only man whose opinion matters knows what I went through to look this way. That same man says he's never seen anything sexier than my body, marks and all. They aren't scars ladies, they're stripes and you've earned them. Flaunt that body with pride!”

Her message is more important than ever because women feel enormous pressure to look a certain way and because of this, feel the need to cover up and hide their bodies- even on the beach! So next time you hit the beach, wear whatever you want and just focus on enjoying the sun because you look amazing just as you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment