Across the globe women are working tirelessly to create change and improve the world in which we live but many of them go unheard of or unrecognized by the public.
L’Oreal Paris is trying to change this reality by publicly recognizing and celebrating these strong women. So each year 10 women are chosen whose causes are creating change in our world and L’Oreal recognizes them for their efforts. The public can then vote on what cause they believe should receive an additional $25,000. The work of the grand prize winner is honored during the annual Winter Gala, which is on December 2nd this year, and the other ten nominees will celebrated for their work as well.
This year’s nominees for L’Oreal’s 'Women of Worth' are:
1. Corinne Cannon- “D.C. Diaper Bank”
2. Stephanie Decker: “The Stephanie Decker Foundation”
3. Shaaron Funderburk: “Off the Streets Program”
4. Mary K. Hoodhood: “Kids’ Food Basket”
5. Deborah Snyder: “Operation Renewed Hope”
6. Phyllis Sudman: “Simon’s Fund”
7. Brittany Wenger: “Cloud4Cancer”
8. Audra Wilford: “Maxlove Project”
9. Jenny Williamson: “Courage Worldwide”
10. Rachel R. Jackson-Bramwell: “Project Compassion, NFP”
Read more about the nominees and their heroic work in the second part of this two-part blog; “The 10 Women Nominated for This Year’s ‘L’Oreal’s Women of Worth’”